Thursday 28 June 2012

Are you a Believer?

Good morning you beautiful lot. I hope the sun is shining where you are, it is with me and my god it puts me in such a good mood. I'm starting to believe I have seasonal affective disorder! I think thats a good enough excuse to move to a hotter more exotic country than dull-weathered UK don't you?

silly me

Anyway, something a little more interesting! I went to see Ghost the Musical yesterday evening at the Piccadilly Theatre in London. I was a little sceptical about it as I have seen most of the bigger more popular musicals therefore I tend to have a high standard set when I go to see anything. But to my surprise, it was more than a success! I think the way they have developed the film into a musical is wonderful and so clever. When it's in a film, obviously it's a lot easier to show 'ghosts' and to portray Sam (the main character) unable to move things, but to do this on stage is almost impossible. Clearly not though as they definitely did it. They used illusions and 'magic' tricks in order for us to believe that his hand had just moved through the door for example. I was taken in by it, completely! It was magical.


As I have been at acting school I definitely picked up on some of the bad acting, or badly used techniques. The woman who played Whoopi Goldberg's character needed much more vocal training to fill out the expectations of how big her character is. But on the other hand her character development was beautiful and so funny to watch. I thought Mark Evans who played Sam was brilliant, his voice was divine, plus he is gorgeous!!! Siobhan Dillion who played Molly had an absolutely beautiful singing voice, it really got me when she sang 'With You'. 

This song really got me. Probably for many reasons right now, but also for the reason that she did it so beautifully. 

I cried an awful lot during the musical. I mean I had had two cocktails before the show and was having 'one of those days', but still! I realised a lot of people left the theatre with panda eyes, a lot of women running to the ladies room to check their make-up before going out onto the street! 

Go and see it if you get the chance, it's closing in October I think. 

Jessica
Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment